Students in Action - 3 Ways
1. Service Tied to Learning
Each subject area offers multiple service activities throughout the year
tied to the curriculum
2. 8th Grade Community Project
All 8th graders design and complete a Community Project
3. External Community Service (grades 6 & 7)
In order to prepare for the Community Project, 6th and 7th graders are
required to identify an area of interest and independently serve others
in their communities for minimal numbers of hours:
6th grade - 2 hours, 7th grade - 4 hours.
The procedure for completing these independent service hours is as follows:
- A proposal form completed and signed by the student and parent for the activity
- Documentation for hours (log sheet) completed
- A written reflection completed
- All 3 of these items turned into 1st period teachers by the beginning of April
Students completing these requirements will be eligible to attend the end of year field trips and celebration.
External Community Service Forms and Steps
The minimum hours of service that are required for students at each grade level:
- Year 1 (Grade 6) – 2 hrs
- Year 2 (Grade 7) – 4 hrs
- Year 3 (Grade 8) -- Community Project
Students must complete their Community Project by the deadlines provided or complete their community service hours by the beginning of April in order to be eligible to attend the end-of-year field trip and celebrations.